The Facade Tectonics Institute (FTI) has called for abstracts for its 2024 World Congress set for Oct. 8-10, 2024, at the University of Utah. Relevant abstract topics include sustainability, resilience, climate change, carbon neutrality, durability, shading strategies, acoustics, etc. The full list of topics can be viewed here.
The deadline for abstract submissions is Aug. 15, 2023. The abstract needs to be 350 words or fewer and can include one image. To submit an abstract, please review the Overview of the Peer-Review Process. Once you have read the program information, sign in or create a new FTI account here and navigate to New Abstract, where you can complete the submission form.
The requirements for abstracts include:
- One author must register for the conference and pay the discounted author’s registration fee;
- Be members of the FTI; and
- Presenters must submit a pre-recorded virtual presentation.
Dates to be aware of include:
- Aug. 15, 2023 – abstract deadline
- Sept. 1, 2023 – abstract notice of acceptance
- Oct. 30, 2023 – full paper submission (first draft)
- Nov. 1 – Jan. 15, 2023 – paper review process
- Dec. 14, 2023 – paper notice of status
- March 15, 2024 – final paper submission
- March 29, 2024 – final paper notice of acceptance
- Sept. 20, 2024 – submission of an oral presentation slide deck
- Oct. 8-10, 2024 – 2024 World Congress